As of software release S001-005, the SD Card image now also contains a kernel image for the on-board Flash and a script that is used to install the image into the on-board Flash.
Update On-Board Flash
- Download Software Release S001-005 or later by going to the Touchscreen Display Modules page for your unit, and look in the Downloads tab.
- Write it to an SD card (per SD Card instructions) and make sure it will boot from the SD card.
- Power-up the display module.
Update G2Link to get the “Upgrade Flash” Feature
- Use G2Link to update the kernel on the on-board Flash.
- Start G2Link, connect to the display module.
- Click on the View→Advanced View tab.
- In the Advanced View window you will see a button to Upgrade Flash. Click on Upgrade Flash. You will see the progress of the upgrade in the status window, starting with an erase operation, then a copy operation, and finally a Done message. This takes several seconds.
- Power off your module, install a jumper on JP2, pins 3 and 4 to boot from on-board Flash.
- Power on the module. In this configuration, G2Link will give you an error if you try to upgrade Flash again.
Update QML Application
Update your QML application using the same procedure used on the SD card. Note: If you update on-board Flash again, everything stored in Flash will be erased.