If you are running a UNIX based system, you can copy your application to the module using either SSH or Samba. FTP and Telnet are also available, however for the development stage, we recommend SSH or Samba.
Setup SSH within the Linux VM by following these steps:
- Generate an SSH key.
- Use the command “ssh-keygen -t dsa”.
- Press Enter to accept the default file to save the key. Note: You may need to enter ‘y’ to accept an overwrite of an existing file.
- Press Enter for no passphrase.
- Press Enter again for same passphrase.
- Copy the key to the development kit.
- Use the command ‘ssh-copy-id root@’, substituting the development kit’s IP address for .
- Enter Yes to continue connection.
- Press Enter for password. Note: See section below for secure SSH.
- Test SSH by logging into the development kit.
- Use the command ‘ssh root@’, substituting the development kit’s IP address for .
- Exit from SSH.
Each time you want to copy the QML application to the development kit:
- Stop the QML Viewer and TIO Agent.
- ssh root@ “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/tio-agent stop”
- ssh root@ “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/qml-viewer stop”
- Copy files to/from the development kit.
- Use the command “scp -r * root@:/application/src”
- Start the QML Viewer and TIO Agent.
- ssh root@ “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/tio-agent start”
- ssh root@ “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/qml-viewer start”
On the development kit:
- Log in on the debug port as root.
- Set a root password with the ‘passwd’ command.
- Follow instructions above, but enter the root password when prompted during the ‘ssh-copy-id’ command.
- Within the Linux VM, do the following:
- Click on Connect to Server.
- Enter the development kit’s IP address for Server.
- Select Type of Windows Share.
- Click on Connect without filling any other fields.
- This opens a file browser showing files on the development kit.
- Browse into the App folder, then into the SRC folder.
- Open a Minicom session on the USB port connected to the development kit.
- If needed, login as “root”, no password.
- Use these commands to stop the TIO Agent and the QML Viewer so you can upload your application:
- /etc/init.d/tio-agent stop
- /etc/init.d/qml-viewer stop
- Open a second file browser, browse into your QML application’s main source folder.
- In the file browser showing the development kit, remove all files and folders in the SRC folder.
- Copy all files from your application’s source folder to the SRC folder on the development kit.
- In the Minicom session, use these commands to start the TIO Agent and the QML Viewer.
- /etc/init.d/qml-viewer start
- /etc/init.d/tio-agent start
Your QML application should now be running on the development kit.
Use either the SSH method or the file browser Samba method above to setup access to the development kit, then remove/replace your application’s binaries as appropriate. Specific instructions are beyond the scope of this document since every application will be unique.
Embedded Touchscreens Made Easy:
Up in Days, Smoothly to Production. Get started with a Development Kit.
Reach Technology is now a part of Novanta Corporation.
Research & Development
155 ‘B’ Avenue, Suite 200
Lake Oswego, OR 97034