- CPU: 266MHz ARM Processor
- Storage Capacity: 28MB highly reliable NOR data Flash for user downloadable bitmaps with optional RLE compression. SD memory card slot for added flexibility.
- I/O Interface: One RS-232 and one RS-485/RS-422 serial port.
- Audio: Beeper
- Display Type: 8.4” Diagonal TFT Color LCD
- Resolution: 640 x 480 VGA, Full 24-bit Color
- Orientation: Landscape
- Luminance (with touch): Typical 800 (cd/m²)
- Viewing Angles: 80/80 left/right, 80/60 up/down
- Backlight: LED
- Manufacturer: NEC
Get detailed panel specifications.
- Type: 4-Wire Analog Resistive
- Durability: Over One Million Touches
9.80″ W x 7.90″ H x 1.947″ D
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 70° C; the LCD temperature range primarily limits this
- Storage Temperature: -30 to 70° C
- RoHS 2 Compliant: Yes
- Power Supply Voltage: 12-24VDC±10%
- Power Consumption: Max 900mA
The board mounting holes connect to a digital ground. These must be connected to a chassis ground either directly or through a transient protection diode for ESD. The resistive touch circuit has ESD protection that shorts ESD on the touch panel to the board mounting holes.
For 8.4″ modules, Reach Technology provides mounting brackets and enclosed units. Visit Mounting Options for more information.
See Application Notes that apply to SLCD5+ and all modules.
Download individual components using links below, or get this ZIP file that contains the most recent product information File Package (.ZIP) .
Download the ELF file with the current version of the firmware.
Use BMPload to download bitmaps and macros to SLCD5/SLCD5+ Flash memory from a PC.
It contains example macro applications, images, and fonts. Use BMPload to program the enclosed unit.
- GUIFX: user interface design partner wrote demo.
- IKB: Example of an onscreen keyboard.
- SD Card Contents: Contains the files and folders to place on an SD Card to execute the demos.
Display modules come with standard fonts. Get additional fonts from the Fonts Library, which contains fonts with extensive support for non-English (Latin) character sets. Use BMPload to program the display module.