12.1″ G2H2 Projected Capacitive, WXGA
Part Number: 51-0406-0D2
Comes with a projected capacitive WXGA (1280×800) touchscreen. Compare touch types.
Powered by the G2H2 controller:
A wide range of input/output (I/O) ports including one RS-232 serial port, one RS485, two USB 2.0 host ports, a CAN interface, 10/100 Ethernet, I2C, a CMOS serial port, and GPIO.
NXP i.MX 6Solo, 1.0 GHz Processor including hardware video decoder and 3D graphics engine. 512 MB DDR3 DRAM. 512 MB NAND Flash / 16 MB NOR Flash. microSD Flash Card Socket. Audio Codec with 1 Watt Audio Amplifier and Speaker.
All 12.1″ modules feature:
Units combine a multi-function processor board and an industrial 12.1-inch TFT color touch LCD.
Created especially for medical and industrial equipment that demands long avilability.
Designed for long-term availability with a 10+ year processor life and a multi-sourced, industry standard LCD form factor.
ESD and EMC results available to ease regulatory compliance testing.
3D Step-File To Download: Right Click and Choose “Save Link As”
- CPU: NXP i.MX 6Solo, 1.0 GHz Processor including hardware video decoder and 3D graphics engine.
- Storage Capacity: 512 MB DDR3 DRAM. 512 MB NAND Flash / 16 MB NOR Flash. microSD Flash Card Socket.
- I/O Interface: 10/100/1000 Mbps Base-T Ethernet: Features low profile Molex Pico-SPOX Connector (24 AWG Compatible). One RS232 and one 3.3V CMOS Serial Port. One RS485. One USB 2.0 (High Speed) Host Port. One USB 2.0 (High Speed) On-The-Go (OTG) Host Port. One I2C Port. One CAN Bus with Transceiver. 8-bit GPIO Port 5V Tolerant.
- Audio: Codec with 1 Watt Audio Amplifier and Speaker
- Linux Kernel 3.10.17 with Qt 5.3.2 and QtCreator IDE 3.2.2
- Samba File Server for easy file access from Windows
- UBIFS NAND Flash file system for speed and reliability
- USB Hotplug for module Host Ports
- OpenSSH Server
- Ships with Serial Interface for QML Applications. See Application Notes to convert to Ethernet or CAN connection.
- Custom Linux Kernel Build Supported and Maintained by Reach Technology. Contact us for your specific requirements.
- Display Type: 12.1″ Diagonal TFT Color LCD
- Resolution: 1280×800 WXGA, 18-bit Color
- Orientation: Landscape
- Luminance (with touch): Typical 400 (cd/m²)
- Viewing Angles: 85/85 left/right, 85/85 up/down
- Backlight: LED
- Manufacturer: Innolux
Get detailed panel specifications.
- Type: Glass/Glass
- Controller: Included
- Cover (Décor) Glass: Optional; Contact Reach
- Multi-touch: Hardware Supported; Software Contact Reach
11.59” W x 8.03” H x 0.87” D
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70° C; Contact us for extended temperature.
- Storage Temperature: -30 to 80° C
- Humidity: Max 90%RH at 60° C; No Condensation
- RoHS 2 Compliant: Yes
- Power Supply Voltage: +12VDC ±10%
- Power Consumption: Max 1.32A
The G2H2 module requires a 5V DC input, +/- 5%. At boot-up, it uses a maximum of 970 mA with no external devices attached. If the module is supplying power to external USB devices (500mA max.), the input power should be a minimum of 5.15 V to meet the USB specification at the far end of the longest USB cable run. The module can also supply +5V to other external devices on some of the connectors, and all such supplies need to be considered in the power budget. The input power connector can handle 3A of nominal 5V input.
The board mounting holes are connected to digital ground. These must be connected to chassis ground either directly or through a transient protection diode for ESD.
For 12.1″ modules, Reach Technology provides brackets. Visit Mounting Options for more information.
Download a new software release by selecting the appropriate model and kernel image from the table below (usually the latest version). Then visit the SD Card section for a discussion on tools you can use to install the new software on your SD card.
See how to get your development kit set up, learn more about QML development, see Application Notes, and more resources to get started in G2H v1.8 Software Documentation.
See how to get your kit up-and-running once it arrives. These videos were created using a 7″ display module yet are applicable for this 12.1″ module.
See how to set up an application, design your first screen, and download code to the module. (Note: Instead of using 800 x 600 to define the rectangle dimension of a 7″ screen as shown at 1:16 minutes into the video, change “Rectangle Width” to “1280” and “Rectangle Height” to “800” for the 12.1″ screen).
Find more tutorial resources.
Embedded Touchscreens Made Easy:
Up in Days, Smoothly to Production. Get started with a Development Kit.
Reach Technology is now a part of Novanta.
Research & Development
155 ‘B’ Avenue, Suite 200
Lake Oswego, OR 97034