PoE5 IEEE 802.3bt 100W Power-over-Ethernet Tester
Part Numbers: 53-0005-11 (24 Ports), 53-0005-31 (8 Ports)
The new IEEE 802.3bt Power-over-Ethernet standard changes the maximum power available over Ethernet for a more efficient delivery system. Reach Technology has designed the PoE5 tester to support the new bt standard. It provides engineering and manufacturing a cost-effective, functional testing tool for Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), including Ethernet switches, Power over HDBaseT (PoH), and LED lighting controllers.
The PoE5 is in a R1U enclosure with 24 ports
The PoE5 tester supports functional diagnostic testing on 24 PSE ports compatible with IEEE Standards 802.3af, 802.3at, and 802.3bt, plus support data path speeds up to 10GBASE-T including 2.5G and 5G. PoE5 testers can draw up to 1000mA per port while passing 10Gb traffic. The 24 port provides high-density Powered Device (PD) loads in a single chassis with eight power class levels. Data protocol features such as the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) are not supported to keep costs low.
- Quick, thorough final test before shipping PoE source to ensure customers do not receive units with DOA ports.
- Test all ports at full power with no duty cycle limitations.
- Datapath loopback at full 10G rate for complete power and data integrity testing.
- Cost-optimized for volume production functional testing.
- Multiport Ethernet Switch with PoE Power
- LED Lighting PoE Power Units
- HDbaseT (POH) Power Units
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3bt standard.
- Supports eight power Classification (1-8) and Autoclass (all nominal).
- Up to 100W total per-port adjustable load, 50W per power pair, fully programmable.
- Support for both single and dual signature implementations.
- 10GbaseT traffic for each test port to neighboring port, isolated from PD load.
- Supports Autoclass option for LED lighting applications.
- 24 UUT (Unit Under Test) for high-density testing.
- Measures individual port voltages for compliance to the standard.
- Dynamic load with per-power-pair user-defined current or constant power test levels.
- Mounts in a standard 19” high rack (R1U) using screw-on ears.
- Chassis Dimensions: 16.665” D x 17.30” W x 1.74” H
- Shipping Weight: Approximately 21 lbs.
- Box Dimensions: 22” D x 22” W x 6” H
- Materials: Metal housing with PCBA for line cards, fans, cables, and power supply board.
- Each tester comes with a worldwide universal AC input power supply brick (85-264 VAC input, 90% efficient, 0°C to 40°C operation, IEC320/C14 input).
- US Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS): B:9030.40.0000
- Export Administration Regulations (ECCN): EAR99
- Country of Orgin (COO): United States
The load is designed to be capable of a 4.7A/ms current slew rate. All 24 ports are designed to be able to come to full load from power good in under 150ms.
Texas Instruments TPS2372. IEEE 802.3bt PoE High-Power PD Interface with Automatic MPS & Autoclass.
All 24 ports are capable of providing load.
Each port has 47uF of bulk capacitance that is connected to the PSE after PoE class is negotiated. All detection criteria defined in section 184.108.40.206 of 802.3bt are preserved during detection and negotiation.
As the data path is completely passive, it supports 1G-10G traffic. All channels on all units are verified to provide a CAT-6A compliant data path before they leave the factory.
Please complete form below or contact sales for pricing. Individual units may be available from stock. For quantity orders, these products are built-to-order. Contact us for current lead times.
Cost-Effective, High-Throughput Functional PoE Test Equipment for Electronic Equipment Manufacturers
Reach Technology is now a part of Novanta Corporation.
5750 Hellyer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95138