PoE5 (IEEE 802.3bt) 100W Power-over-Ethernet Tester
The new IEEE 802.3bt Power-over-Ethernet standard provides the highest power and most flexible configuration to date. To accommodate this new standard, Reach Technology designed its latest test unit, the PoE5, to test Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) including Ethernet switches, Power over HDBaseT (PoH), and LED lighting controllers.
The PoE5 is a 1U high enclosure with 24 UUT ports.
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3bt four power pair standard.
- Up to 100W total per-port adjustable load, 50W per power pair, fully programmable.
- Support for both single and dual signature implementations.
- Cost-optimized for volume production functional testing.
- Datapath rated to 10GbaseT for both current and future test needs.
- Supports Autoclass option for LED lighting applications.
- 24 UUT (Unit Under Test) Ports for high-density testing. Available in an 8 Port configuration.
- Mounts in a standard 19” high rack (R1U) using screw-on ears.
- Outside Case Dimensions: 16.665” D x 17.30” W x 1.74” H.
- Dynamic load with per-power-pair user-defined current or constant power test levels.
- Measures individual port voltages for compliance to standard.
- Supports Type 3 and Type 4 Power Sourcing Equipment and additional classes (Class 5 to Class 8).
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
The load is designed to be capable of a 4.7A/ms current slew rate. All 24 ports are designed to be able to come to full load from power good in under 150ms.
Texas Instruments TPS2372. IEEE 802.3bt PoE High-Power PD Interface with Automatic MPS & Autoclass.
All 24 ports are capable of providing load.
Each port has 47uF of bulk capacitance that is connected to the PSE after PoE class is negotiated. All detection criteria defined in section 220.127.116.11 of 802.3bt are preserved during detection and negotiation.
As the data path is completely passive, it supports 1G-10G traffic. All channels on all units are verified to provide a CAT-6A compliant data path before they leave the factory.
Please complete form below or contact sales for pricing. Individual units may be available from stock. For quantity orders, these products are built-to-order. Contact us for current lead times.
Cost-Effective, High-Throughput Functional PoE Test Equipment for Electronic Equipment Manufacturers
Reach Technology is now a part of Novanta Corporation.
5750 Hellyer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95138