Reach Technology, a Novanta company has an opening at its Lake Oswego, Oregon office for a R&D Manager/Staff Engineer. This is a great opportunity for the individual who is interested in advancing their career by joining a fast paced team. We’re looking for a R&D Manager/Staff Engineer that is responsible for leading the efforts involved in new product development and improvements with direct responsibility for projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and have experience with Hardware, Software and Mechanical design. Reach Technology offers a competitive compensation plan and a great working environment.
R&D Manager/Staff Engineer Job Summary
Leads cross-functional teams and manages the overall process to ensure projects are completed successfully. Responsible for new product development, product application, identifying new technologies and bringing new technology to market. Provides technical leadership and direction to team members to overcome design challenges and enable rapid new product introduction from initial concept to production. Has a strong professional drive and the ability to implement company strategy into new products.
- Lead all New Product Development efforts from concept to production.
- Contribute and assist the PLM in the definition of the product roadmap.
- Create requirements documents, project plans, milestones and costs/budget.
- Coordinate with the Test Engineer in establishing appropriate test protocols, processes and equipment.
- Assess and develop technical skills within the team members.
- Determine the appropriate tools and standards for the Development team.
- Keep current with applicable hardware and software offerings. Actively searches for new technologies.
- Evaluates department personnel needs and resources relative to current and future requirements.
- Provide periodic project reviews to management, as required.
- Support sales in answering RFQs and similar requests from customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 to 10 years of experience designing modern electronic hardware including manufacturing Printed Circuit Board Assemblies.
- Proven success in technical project leadership.
- Drive for continuous product improvement.
- Experience with Linux based embedded system design.
- Experience with small team software development and agile development processes.
- Experience with modern PLM (Arena a plus) and MRP (Oracle a plus) software.
- Experience managing outsourced Engineering or Manufacturing resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including working with external stakeholders at different management levels.
- Team player used to working in informal as well as formal environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, advanced degree preferred.
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.