Reach Technology, a Novanta company, has an opening at its Lake Oswego, OR office for a Hardware and Software Engineer. Reach offers a competitive compensation plan and a great working environment. This is an opportunity for someone interested in re-invigorating their career. Join our fast-paced engineering team responsible for new product development and supporting existing products in production. Get exposure and play a part in the entire engineering process; from concept to production. The ideal candidate will possess a broad range of hardware and software skills as well as experience in all aspects of product development.
- Develop and design new display module products based on customer specifications.
- Assist with bringing up boards for new designs and modifying boards as needed.
- Work on prototype and pre-production evaluations.
- Manage product Bill of Materials (BOM) in current PLM system (Arena).
- Maintain product database: entering data, processing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and validating data.
- Aid in developing software for hardware tests.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Hardware and software embedded systems design.
- Experience with CISC and ARM processors (Freescale/NXP iMX28 and iMX6 a plus).
- C programming and scripting (e.g. Python) experience.
- Understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Ability to thrive in a ‘get stuff done’ environment.
Additional experience a plus:
- Linux programming
- PCB design tools (Altium Designer preferred)
- Standard lab debug tools such as oscilloscopes and power supplies
- Arena Product Lifecycle Management or similar application
- Serial interfaces such as RS232, RS485, I2C and SPI
- CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) for editing and creating documents
Electrical Engineering (AS minimum, BS preferred) degree.
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org