Reach Technology (reachtech.com), a Novanta company, has an opening at its Lake Oswego, OR office for a Hardware and Software Engineer to join our team.
Since 1988, Reach Technology has become an industry leader in developing embedded touchscreen modules. We help companies shorten time-to-market and reduce risk and development costs. Reach also insulates users from changes in LCD availability, technology, and format.
This is an opportunity for someone interested in reinvigorating their career. Join our fast-paced engineering team responsible for new product development and supporting existing products in production. Get exposure and play a part in the entire engineering process; from concept to production.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong hardware background experience in all aspects of product development. Software skills a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and design new display module products based on customer specifications.
- Assist with bringing up boards for new designs and modifying boards as needed.
- Work on prototype and pre-production evaluations.
- Manage product Bill of Materials (BOM) in current PLM system (Arena).
- Maintain product database: entering data, processing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and validating data.
- Aid in developing software for hardware tests.
Skills and Abilities
- Hardware and software embedded systems design.
- Experience with CISC and ARM processors (Freescale/NXP iMX28 and iMX6 a plus).
- Understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Ability to thrive in a ‘get stuff done’ environment.
Why work for Reach?
- Established and growing company.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Team based work environment.
- Professional and collegial workplace.
- Competent and capable people to work with.
Additional Experience a Plus
- C programming and scripting (e.g. Python) experience
- Linux programming
- PCB design tools (Altium Designer preferred)
- Standard lab debug tools such as oscilloscopes and power supplies
- Arena Product Lifecycle Management or similar application
- Serial interfaces such as RS232, RS485, I2C and SPI
- CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) for editing and creating documents
Attributes Needed to Be Successful
- Organizational skill and accuracy must be a natural talent.
- Works cooperatively and successfully with others.
- Able to “change gears” and modify tasks with minimal interruption.
- Effectively manages time, priorities and paperwork.
- Works with others with a “win-win” conclusion in mind.
- Maintains and demonstrates a point of view that anticipates positive outcomes.
- 3+ years of both Hardware/Software Engineer experience.
- Electrical Engineering degree (AS minimum, BS preferred).
- Verifiable references.
- Able to pass a drug screening and background check.
Benefits package includes a health plan, dental and vision. 401(k) with employer match. Vacation.
To arrange for a confidential interview, email your resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word) explaining how your skills and experience are “fit” for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.