Reach Technology, a Novanta company, has an opening at its Lake Oswego, Oregon office for an Electrical Engineer. Reach Technology offers a competitive compensation plan and a great working environment.
This is an opportunity for someone interested in advancing their career by joining a fast paced Engineering team. This team is involved with new product development and existing product production support. This position provides exposure to the entire engineering process; from concept to production. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner and interested in getting exposure to something new every day.
- Assist with board bring-up for new designs and board modifications as needed.
- Schematic capture using Altium Designer.
- Work with engineering on prototype and pre-production evaluations.
- Help maintain Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system.
- Maintain product Bill of Materials (BOM) in current PLM system.
- Maintain product database by entering data and processing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and data validation.
- Aid in developing software for hardware tests.
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic electronics understanding with experience with schematic capture and lab tools.
- Understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new software tools and understand technical material.
Additional Skills (a plus):
- Experience with PCB design tools (Altium Designer preferred).
- Experience with standard lab debug tools such as oscilloscopes and power supplies.
- Experience with Arena Product Lifecycle Management or similar application.
- Experience with serial interfaces such as: RS232, RS485, I2C and SPI.
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) for editing and creating documents is a plus.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering (AS minimum, BS preferred).
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.